Monday, June 22, 2009
I saw this list of "The 100 Most Influential Taglines Since 1948" on a blog called "Tagline Guru." He calls taglines the "haiku of branding."
It also includes the most memorable jingles.
I knew most of them. Those marketing haiku's stuck in the wrinkles of my brain while so many significant memories, facts, conversations, and good jokes all faded like dreams in the night. Oh well, here's some of the ones I liked most:
4. Where’s the beef? (1984) Wendy’s
6. Think different. (1998) Apple Computer
7. We try harder. (1962) Avis
24. I can’t believe I ate the whole thing. (1966) Alka-Seltzer
48. Our repairmen are the loneliest guys in town. (1967) Maytag Appliance
67. We answer to a higher authority. (1975) Hebrew National